Resources in non-English Languages
Support for EL and Undocumented Communities
- Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities during COVID-19
Resources for undocumented immigrants from Immigrants Rising
- Instructions on asking for an interpreter at regional/state hotlines and a compilation of CDC guide translations in multiple languages, from the International Institute St. Louis
- Community Resources from the Immigrant Service Provider Network (Facebook)
- St. Louis volunteers are translating COVID-19 announcements into Spanish. Residents Lourdes Bailon and Gabriela Ramirez Arellano co-created the Facebook group STLJuntos to provide verified information and resources, including St. Louis city’s stay-at-home order, in Spanish. The pair is collaborating with Red Latina, a bilingual digital publication.
Resources for Educators and School Districts
- Webinars for Teaching English Learners and Working with Immigrant Families from Home: Education in the Time of COVID-19: Elementary Focus
- Ensuring Continuity of Learning and Operations from National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA)
- School Responses to COVID-19: ELL/Immigrant Considerations
How can schools and districts ensure that ELLs and their families are included in all communications and school closure plans related to COVID-19? Here are some considerations that can help individual educators, schools, and districts. – from ¡Colorín Colorado!
- Guiding Principles for ELs and Distance Learning from Columbia Public Schools
- Language Enterprise Resources for Persevering through COVID-19
“a running list of resources for teachers starting e-learning experiences, translators and interpreters looking for support, and language advocates wanting to take action”